When a group of concerned swimmers contacted the RSPCA to report an injured black swan at a lake in Manchester, England, rescuers didn’t know quite what to expect. When they arrived, they were shocked to realize that the poor swan wasn’t supposed to be black at all!
Apparently, the swan had gotten himself completely covered in thick oil. Every single feather, normally pure white, had turned completely black.
Check it out from our friends at The Dodo:
He was so coated that his rescuers were afraid he might have ingested some of the substance as well, and quickly rushed him to the RSPCA’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife Center to get him checked out and begin the process of cleaning him up.