Don’t Use the Grooming Services Here — Another Dog Just Died Under Mysterious Circumstances!

Chuck Crawford dropped off his beautiful corgi, Abby, for a routine grooming at PetSmart, but he never thought in a million years that would be the last time he saw her alive. On March 29th, Crawford took Abby and his other corgi, Harley, to be groomed just after breakfast. Fifteen minutes later, Crawford was called and abruptly told to pick up Abby’s carcass at a different PetSmart location.

In a the rude, 20-second phone call, the Toms River PetSmart employee informed the bewildered man that his dog was dead and then hung up the phone!

Here’s more from Yahoo News:

“It was so crude and beyond comprehension,” Crawford said. “To take your pet for a grooming and then have them die? That is the absolute worst thing.”

Employees claim they took the 8-year-old dog after she was found unresponsive to a nearby company location in Brick Township that had an in-house vet. Crawford was told that the vet tried to save Abby’s life but wasn’t able to do so.

“I have extreme anger and extreme grief. I don’t know what happened with Abby. There were no health issues whatsoever,” he noted. “I went through absolute hell that day. She’s my little sweetheart.”

Confused and heartbroken, Crawford wants more answers. But the company is telling him only that Abby’s death in under internal investigation.

Immediately after he picked up Abby’s frozen remains, Crawford took her to an animal hospital for a necropsy — an animal autopsy — to find out the cause of death. The results will be available in about a month.

“I’ll never take my dog to a PetSmart or Petco or any of them ever again,” Crawford said. “I’ll give them a bath in my garage.”

Abby’s death adds to the growing number of pets that have died at PetSmart locations around the country in recent months. And it’s the second one at the Toms River PetSmart, according to Patch.com.

“It was the same thing that happened to Lulu,” Sammi Yezzo, 21, told Patch. Lulu, her 14-year-old bichon frisé, died Jan. 17 after passing out in the tub at the Toms River PetSmart, she said.

Lulu was rushed to a nearby animal hospital but could not be revived. The vet indicated that she had had trouble breathing even before she was dropped off for grooming. Yezzo told Patch that PetSmart paid for the vet bill and related costs.

A bulldog, Scruffles, died at a Flemington, N.J., PetSmart on Dec. 29 during a routine grooming appointment. And another woman lost her pet on Dec. 24 at the same shop, according to ABC news.

Let’s just be completely frank: this isn’t a single, isolated incident, this a pattern of behavior that stems from negligent corporate policy. And until these irresponsible people change their ways, they won’t be getting any of our business.

What’s your opinion on PetSmart?

Do you shop there or use their grooming services?


Actress: "I Transformed My Gut with One Thing"
New Technology Allows Americans to Cancel Cable TV
Ashburn, Virginia: Unknown Company is Disrupting a $200 Billion Dollar Industry